Join us on Saturday, 11 June for a culturally immersive photowalk experience with Gulf Photo Plus and Toyota, celebrating the reinstallation of the widely-rememebered iconic signage on Dubai’s Toyota building!
Long-time Dubai residents will tell you that it’s a well-known landmark that was often used as a reference point long before travellers had Google Maps. A few years ago the sign was taken down, but remained in public memory as a cultural symbol of Dubai's urban growth since the early 1980's. This May, the sign was restored and remounted on the building by Toyota.This photowalk takes us on a cultural exploration of the wider neighborhood around the Toyota building, including Khazan Park and Mosque of Reflection, which tell a story about Dubai’s past that puts its urban development in context. Each photographer joining this photowalk will be given a free disposable camera to use throughout the session.
This event is open to photographers of all skill levels, and is free to attend; however, registration is required. Submissions are now closed. If you've submitted a form for registration, please await our team to contact you further for confirmation of attendance.
The deadline to register is Thursday, 2 June 2022 at 9pm, so hurry!
- 4-hour photo walk
- Technical photography instruction
- Disposable camera with free development at Gulf Photo Plus
- A local tour, highlighting important landmarks and notable moments from Dubai’s cultural history
WHAT TO BRING
- A camera with a fully charged battery - whether it’s a mobile phone or a DSLR. All are welcome.
- A spare battery, or battery pack charger if you’re shooting with your phone.
- A thirst for adventure.
- Please pack light and bring all of your belongings and gear in one small camera bag.
SATURDAY, JUNE 11
16:00 - 20:00
TO BE SHARED BY EMAIL