DIY Product Photography
DIY Product Photography
Through a combination of in-class learning, demonstrations, and hands-on practice, this intensive workshop will prepare you to take on product photography. Because of the wide range of products on the market with matte and glossy surfaces, there’s more than one way to photograph and style items in line with current trends. In this workshop, you’ll shoot items like a pro as you learn how to use three affordable and inexpensive setups - natural light, DIY lightbox, and studio lighting - according to the type of products you need to shoot. You will also receive a live editing demonstration, covering the best practices for post-production of product images. By cutting out the need to invest in gear, you’ll be able to delve into product photography the moment you get home.
Whether you want to showcase your own creations for your small business, your blog, or to shoot for a client, this workshop will equip you to craft outstanding images that will capture the best side of products
- 6 hours duration
- Inventory on the way
• Planning a shoot, achieving your aims, mood boards
• Camera settings & composition relevant to product photography
• Styling products with props, accessories, and backgrounds
• Creating lighting setups: natural light, DIY lightbox, and studio lighting
Suitable for beginners to product photography who have a solid foundation in photography.
You should have a thorough understanding of ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and how all of these relate to each other to achieve a correct exposure. If you are not familiar with these terms or currently shoot in Auto or P mode, we recommend enrolling for our Photography Level 1 workshop prior to attending. If you have completed our Photography Level 2 workshop, you will be equipped to benefit most fully.
DSLR or Mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery
Lenses (50mm-150mm range is recommended)
A macro lens (if you have one)
Can I pay for my workshop on the first day of class?
Payment must be made prior to the start of your workshop in order to guarantee you a spot in the workshop. You can book your workshop on our website or pass by GPP in person during our regular working hours so we can help you process payment and get booked in.
Can I get a certificate for my workshop?
We are not an accredited institution, so we do not issue degrees or certifications like those awarded by universities. However, we are happy to prepare you a custom certificate of completion for any workshop that you take with us. Send us an email at least 3 days before the start of your workshop, and we’ll have your certificate ready and waiting for you to collect at the end of your class.
Can I take a workshop if I don't have my own camera?
Sure thing! If you don’t have your own DSLR or mirrorless camera, we have a limited number of loan cameras available that you can borrow (free of charge!) during your Photography Level 1, Photography Level 2, or Introduction to Video workshop. All you need to bring is your own SD card.
To request to borrow a loan camera for your workshop, email us at least 36 hours in advance of your workshop with the subject line "Help! I Need a Camera!”; please include your workshop dates and order confirmation number in the email. Please note that we have a limited number of loan cameras available, and the program works on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
- Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.
- GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed necessary in accordance with management discretion.
- You must be 16 or older to attend this workshop. If you are younger than 16 or booking for someone under 16 years of age, please contact us first and we will be happy to advise you.
- If you cancel your workshop a minimum of 7 days in advance of your workshop, you will be issued a refund, or you can be rescheduled to another available date(s).
- If you cancel your workshop a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund will be issued, but you may request to be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If you cancel your workshop less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.