Perfect for aspiring newborn photographers, this intensive workshop offers in-depth theory and live demonstrations to equip you for working with newborns and families. Discover the safe use of wrapping, styling and props to create unique images for families to cherish. Learn essential health and safety guidelines and how to use artificial lighting techniques to your subject’s advantage. The workshop will end with a post-processing demonstration and you'll also receive a video from your instructor, covering image-editing best practices. At the end of the workshop you will leave feeling confident to tackle this rewarding photography discipline.
- Health and safety when working with babies, gear and environments
- Newborn settling techniques
- Photography session workflow
- Wrapping and posing with a variety of props and backgrounds
- Communicating with parents and siblings
- Working with studio lights and camera gear
- Composition and post-processing in Lightroom and Photoshop
- Shooting time may be limited to ensure the comfort and safety of our models.
- All images taken during the workshop must not be shared online without the express, written permission of the model’s parents.
- We'll need to turn up to heat to keep our babies nice and warm in the studio, we recommend wearing loose clothing.
- For health and safety reasons, students will not be allowed to touch the newborn models.
- This workshop has a maximum number of 6 students.