Covid-19 Notice: At GPP we’re committed to keeping you, our students, our teachers and our colleagues safe. Following the government’s latest guidelines, we want to share with you our combined efforts to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience when you visit our space or take a workshop - Check out the blog here for more information on social distancing in workshops.
Once a medium reserved only for seasoned professionals, thanks to your smartphone, the world of video is now increasingly accessible, giving you the potential to unlock one of the most powerful methods for reaching audiences today. You’ll learn to produce, shoot and edit video, all from your smartphone, unpacking complex filmmaking techniques into accessible tools for capturing and editing video with your smartphone. Get hands on experience with mobile filming equipment to ensure steady shots and clean audio, without the need to break the bank on expensive gear. Working as a team, you will create your own documentary sequence and bring it all together into a final edit. By the end of the workshop, you’ll know which accessories & gear to invest in for your video needs, and how to take your vision from pre- to post-production, whether you're shooting Youtube makeup tutorials, for a food blog or your latest travel adventure!
This workshop will cover:
- Camera controls, frame rates and resolution
- Cinematography basics; composition, framing and cohesive storytelling
- Filming with natural and artificial lighting
- Using microphones to record audio and isolate sound
- Stabilisation and motion techniques using a variety of equipment
- Video storyboarding, planning and workflow
- Post-production of video and sound