Digital Photography - Level 2
Instructor: Kate Hailey
Digital Photography - Level 2 is designed to move you from a confident “snapper” to a real “photographer”. In this workshop, we aim to arm you with the artistic and technical understanding needed to enable you to produce beautiful and compelling images. We will introduce you to a host of advanced composition techniques and aim to have you shooting in full manual mode by the end of the workshop. Equal parts technical and creative, Digital Photography - Level 2 will help you unleash your inner photographer and artist.
who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you have taken Digital Photography – Level 1 at Gulf Photo Plus (or an equivalent course) and are ready to take your photography to the next level.
You should already have a thorough understanding of ISO, aperture, and shutter speed and how all of these relate to each other to achieve a creatively correct exposure. If you are not familiar with these terms or currently shoot in Auto or P mode, you should consider attending the Digital Photography - Level 1 course first.
- 8 hours of classroom instruction
- Digital Notes
This 8-hour photography course covers some of the more advanced features of your camera as well as advanced shooting techniques that will allow you creative control when shooting. These include:
- Dealing with tricky lighting situations: exposure bracketing, and shooting in low light
- Creative shooting: painting with light, capturing and freezing motion, and panning
- Composition beyond the rule of thirds: achieving balanced images through advanced composition techniques used by pro photographers and shooting with “intent”
- Manual focus: how it works and when to use it
- Demystifying the histogram
- Introduction to on camera flash
- Additional camera gear: when to use filters, the importance of tripods and key features you should look for.
What to bring
- Your DSLR or mirrorless camera (with your battery fully charged).
- Your camera manual (if you have it)
- A tripod (if you have one)
- An empty memory card with an identifying mark
- If you are loaning a camera from us, you must either bring an SD card with you or purchase one from GPP at the start of your workshop.
- A notebook and pen
We have a limited number of Nikon D5500s available to loan free of charge during your workshop - just ask us! (Loan Cameras courtesy of Nikon MEA. Loan cameras must be arranged before your workshop. Call us at 04-380-8545 or email us at email@example.com). More info here.
About the Instructor
Kate Hailey recently relocated to Dubai from the United States. Kate loves to travel, she’s a a photographer and an avid mobile photographer, since 2010 she has completed four photo a day projects, often referred to as “365 Projects”, these projects were solely captured & edited on the iPhone.
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date.
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another date.
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the original booking.
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.
two Day Workshop
Gift A Workshop
Digital Photography Level 1,2, or Intro to Photoshop
Need a Camera?
Just let us know if you need a camera and we'll loan you one to learn with for free!