Through a combination of in-class learning, demonstrations, and hands-on practice, this beginner's workshop will elevate your food photography to a level you thought was reserved for the pros. In this workshop, you won't be using expensive studio lights. Contrary to common belief, it’s possible to use inexpensive lights, DIY setups, and props at home to create a professional-grade photo that looks as if it was shot in studio. You will also receive a live editing demonstration, covering the best practices for post-production of food images. By cutting out the need to invest in gear, you’ll be able to delve into food photography after this workshop. Whether you are a food blogger needing to produce Instagram-worthy photos on a budget or an aspiring professional food photographer, this workshop will equip you to shoot delectable photos of all types of food at home.
- Planning a shoot, achieving your aims, mood boards
- Camera settings & composition relevant to food photography
- Styling food with props, accessories and backgrounds
- Creating easy, at home setups for high-key and low-key effects
- Natural light, affordable artificial light, mood and tone, light positioning