Dragon Mart has been a hub for consumer needs for over 15 years, providing goods and services to civilians and businesses alike. With bright red lanterns hanging from the skylights and sales people striking up a bargain left and right, It is clear that the mega mall has been a space both diverse in goods and communities.
Participants can expect to dive into multiple aspects of photography with every turn, playing with color, texture and light while getting to know the people that make up a vast and diverse history both in Dubai and globally.
During our Photo Walk we will consider:
- Learning how to play with light.
- How does the intersectionality of different cultures translate in space?
- How do we experience consumerism through texture?
- How do we capture the emotion of nostalgia in a space?
- How to paint a narrative with color?
- What does the architecture of the building say about the cultural landscape of the city?
- How to foster relationships with people that you photograph?
- How can we document and present our findings through photography in order to answer these questions?