Join the live Zoom webinar via the link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88115983089
Zine: a noncommercial often homemade or online publication usually devoted to specialized and often unconventional subject matter printing the final creation before binding using a simple stitch or fold technique.
- Introduction Short History of Photobooks and Zines
- Editorial Design/Type of Publications
From images to publication:
- How to design a Book: Theme, Concept, Colors, Layout, format, editing
- How to print your Book: Paper, Size, Printing types, Weight, Binding
- How to fund and promote your Book: Crowdfunding, Self-Funding, Pre-sale, Grants and Funds - Photography Festivals, Book Launch, Book Fairs
About the Speaker:
Born and raised in Lebanon, Roï Saade is an independent visual designer working in both graphic design and photography. After years as a graphic designer, Saade's visual perception and curiosity led him to leave the corporate world and follow his creative path. He uses photography as a tool to access unfamiliar places, challenging himself to connect with strangers while interchangeably observing life from a distance in its form and content. In 2016, He was granted the Arab Documentary Photography Program (ADPP) supported by The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture, Magnum Foundation and Prince Claus Fund.
Alongside, Roï is the designer of DogFood Magazine, an independent Photo Magazine combining archival material mixed with a dash of cynicism. Saade holds a Master’s degree of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from the Holy Spirit University - USEK in Lebanon.
Please note: You will be sent a link to this online class 1-hour before the start of the seminar.
Gulf Photo Plus thanks the Goethe-Institut for its funding and support of this project.