Prize Giveaway Alert!
This year, enrol your child for any of our GPP summer camps and be automatically entered into our prize draw to win a Canon 4000D + EFS 18-55mm IS III lens worth AED 1,600! We have 3 camera kits up for grabs, generously provided by Canon Middle East. Winners will be randomly selected on August 30th, good luck!
Covid-19 Social Distancing Measures: At GPP we’re committed to keeping you, our students, our teachers and our colleagues safe. Following the government’s latest guidelines, we want to share with you our combined efforts to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience when you visit our space or take a workshop:
- Students must wear a mask at all times, with the exception of snack time.
- Students must observe social distancing measures at all times.
- Disposable gloves will be provided by GPP.
- Check out the blog here for more information on social distancing in workshops. Parents must read this before enrolling their child for a summer camp.
Unlock the world of filmmaking with this 5-day video and editing class. Students will learn to produce, shoot and edit video, using smartphones and cameras, whilst unpacking complex filmmaking techniques. This intensive, hands-on workshop will help students develop their creative ideas, experiment and think outside the box. Working as a team, students will finish the course having created their very own short film which they will present to the group.
- Differences between capturing motion vs. still photography
- Filmaking theory, formats, frame rates and resolution
- Learn how to shoot for Youtube videos, vlogs, interviews and movies
- Stabilisation and motion techniques: pan, tilt, zoom
- Recording audio, isolating sound and using microphones
- Filming with natural and artificial lighting
- Editing video and audio files
- Cohesive storytelling, planning and storyboarding
What are the pick up and drop off times?
The Summer Camp will run Sunday to Thursday 9:00am–12:00pm with drop off starting from 8:45am and pick up ending at 12:15pm.
Will GPP provide lunch and/or transport?
Campers must pack their own food each day. There is water and a fridge in the GPP kitchen which students are free to use. Students are not allowed to leave GPP premises to purchase food from an establishment in Alserkal Avenue. Transport is not provided.
How many students are in the group, and is my child the right age?
Each camp will have a maximum number of 8 students and spaces are reserved on a first come first serve basis. There is one instructor plus 1 assistant and 1 staff support member for each camp. We cannot modify groups based on children’s or parents’ wishes.
If you have more questions, please get in touch here.