Covid-19 Notice: At GPP we’re committed to keeping you, our students, our teachers and our colleagues safe. Following the government’s latest guidelines, we want to share with you our combined efforts to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience when you visit our space or take a workshop - Check out the blog here for more information on social distancing in workshops.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how Photography for Social Media differs from more traditional mediums and how to achieve higher engagement ratings and results from the images you use. In today’s media landscape your online presence is dependant on the images you put forth to your audience - be it for your personal use or business.
In this course you’ll learn the theory behind what makes a successful image on social media then utilise this knowledge to plan a shoot-scenario, using just your mobile phone. Learn to shoot effectively and economically, and then edit your images and video to encourage engagement. We'll cover the essential technical and compositional techniques to improve your smartphone photography and videography. Using food & beverage and small-scale products as your medium, you'll follow a brief and apply the theory in a hands-on setting. You will produce social media ready images and video to generate conversions. You will adopt the habits of those who stand out from the crowd of images on social media, regardless of the product or service you are promoting.
- Shooting and shoot style, Social Media statistics and analysis
- Shooting video b-roll using natural and affordable artificial lights
- Pre-planning, Shooting ergonomically, Split testing, DofF
- Aspect ratios, edits for different mediums: Carousel, IG stories, Feed posts, ads
- Editing, Workflow, Organisation, Safe-zones, Export Settings
- Third Parties: Where/when/how to post, Useful Apps, Stock, Gear investment