Video content is vastly outpacing photography when it comes to engaging with audiences online, but learning how to shoot video alone is not enough. Poor video editing can undo all the hard work that went into a shoot; and on the flipside, strong video editing can unlock the power of video even further.
Perfect for anyone who keeps a vlog, be it on YouTube or IGTV, as well as freelancers wishing to develop their videography skills, this workshop will endow you with the knowledge of Premiere Pro that you need to take your video work to the next level, and more. Video editing is far more than using software, and you will learn the full process, from story-boarding to final cut.
- Explanation of each tool in Premiere Pro’s complex interface, and how to navigate Hands-on practical editing exercises using various tools (video footage provided)
- Information on editing for different styles of video e.g. vlogs, interviews, outdoor and indoor shots
- Homework: plan and storyboard a short documentary (video footage provided)
- Edit your short documentary based on your storyboard with instructor’s guidance Your documentary will follow the story of a local artist, who is a fun and interesting character.
- Employ all techniques learned on Day 1
- Brainstorming ideas with classmates, watching and critiquing one another’s work
This workshop will cover:
- Importing, Previewing, and Organizing Media
- Creating a Sequence, Adding, Inserting, and Arranging Clips in a Sequence
- Editing Tools and Editing Techniques
- Editing for Different Frame Rates and Manipulating Clip Speed
- Essential Audio Editing [Voice over & Speaker Audio]
- Selecting and Adding Music Adding Still Images, Text, Subtitles and Graphics
- Creating Transitions [Video, Audio & Stills]
- Color Correction and Introduction to Color Grading
- Exporting and Viewing