While Milky Way season is upon us, take the opportunity to learn how to capture the enchantment of that ethereal night sky. Astrophotography requires both the technical know-how of night photography as well as the savviness of knowing how to scout out a location, understanding the movement of constellations throughout the night, and meticulously plan your shoot. Not only will you learn the technical aspects of capturing and editing in astrophotography, you’ll also come away knowing how to plan your own astrophotography excursion in the future.
- How to calculate, plan and scout for astrophotography and the Milky Way
- Learn the fundamental techniques for night sky photography: focusing in the dark, exposure, aperture, depth of field, ISO, composition and more
- Spend the night photographing the Milky Way, night sky and star trails
- Play with light through steel wool and light painting
- Simple and effective post-processing techniques for astrophotography in Lightroom and Photoshop
- You must be over 18 to attend this workshop.
- This workshop starts in the early evening and ends late in the morning of the following day. You may only be able to take a few short, on-the-go naps during the workshop, so we highly recommend getting as much as rest as possible prior to coming to ensure you have sufficient energy throughout the night.
- Night photography requires patience, so there will be down-time during the workshop as we wait for our camera to capture the magic. We recommend you bring a sleeping/foam mat, pillow and a light blanket if you wish to camp out under the stars while you wait for your camera to shoot.
- You will be in a non-air conditioned shooting location for up to 6 hours, thought the weather should be much more bearable than the typical UAE mid-day summer heat.
- When we are on location there will be no bathrooms so please expect to improvise, though there will be a Petrol Stop on the way to and back from the shoot location.
- Transport from our meeting location (GPP) and back is provided.