The flash edition of Practicing Portraiture focuses on teaching you how to enliven your portraits using your hot shoe flash. (If “hot shoe flash” sounds more like a dance than a camera accessory, all the more reason to sign up for the workshop!) You’ll learn how to use the basic controls of your flash in both indoor and outdoor environments. The emphasis in this workshop is on practicing, so be ready to serve as both model and portrait photographer. You will also receive a live editing demonstration, covering the best practices for post-production of portrait images. If you want to venture into event photography, on-location shoots, or capture moments at weddings, this workshop is perfect for you!
- Shooting with flash indoors and outdoors
- Using modifiers to soften and control light
- TTL and manual controls
- Shooting on and off camera flash
- Posing, expression & communicating with subjects
- Editing demonstration with a focus on flash portraits