Covid-19 Notice: At GPP we’re committed to keeping you, our students, our teachers and our colleagues safe. Following the government’s latest guidelines, we want to share with you our combined efforts to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience when you visit our space or take a workshop - Check out the blog here for more information on social distancing in workshops.
Learn to enliven your portraits in an outdoor or window-light setting using only natural, available light. You’ll apply creative thinking to your portraits through utilizing backgrounds and props, and learn how to interact with your subject to bring out their best side for the lens. The emphasis in this workshop is on practicing, so be ready to serve as both model and portrait photographer. You will also receive a live editing demonstration, covering the best practices for post-production of portrait images. This workshop is perfect for beginners to portrait photography, professionals shooting for corporate clients or parents aiming to breathe life into their family album.
- Techniques for shooting in direct sunlight, overcast or backlit situations
- Using reflectors and diffusers to modify available light
- Styling through location, props & backgrounds
- Posing, expression & communicating with subjects
- Editing demonstration with a focus on natural light