Photography Level 1
Photography Level 1
Break free of AUTO mode and gain a solid understanding of the essential elements in achieving a perfect exposure: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. You will also explore the creative side of photography with a focus on the traditional rules of composition, as well as how to break them. By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently craft and shoot photos in semi-manual modes.
- 5 hours of teaching + 1 hour break, 6 hours total duration
- Inventory on the way
• ISO, aperture, shutter speed & depth of field
• Light, color, and temperature
• Compositional rules and how to develop a critical eye
• Burst mode, focus tracking, focus lock
Suitable for all. This workshop assumes no prior knowledge of photography.
A DSLR/mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery, and an empty memory card
Can I pay for my workshop on the first day of class?
Payment must be made prior to the start of your workshop in order to guarantee you a spot in the workshop. You can book your workshop on our website or pass by GPP in person during our regular working hours so we can help you process payment and get booked in.
Can I get a certificate for my workshop?
We are not an accredited institution, so we do not issue degrees or certifications like those awarded by universities. However, we are happy to prepare you a custom certificate of completion for any workshop that you take with us. Send us an email at least 3 days before the start of your workshop, and we’ll have your certificate ready and waiting for you to collect at the end of your class.
Can I take a workshop if I don't have my own camera?
Sure thing! If you don’t have your own DSLR or mirrorless camera, we have a limited number of loan cameras available that you can borrow (free of charge!) during your Photography Level 1, Photography Level 2, or Introduction to Video workshop. All you need to bring is your own SD card.
To request to borrow a loan camera for your workshop, email us at least 36 hours in advance of your workshop with the subject line "Help! I Need a Camera!”; please include your workshop dates and order confirmation number in the email. Please note that we have a limited number of loan cameras available, and the program works on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
- Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.
- GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed necessary in accordance with management discretion.
- You must be 16 or older to attend this workshop. If you are younger than 16 or booking for someone under 16 years of age, please contact us first and we will be happy to advise you.
- If you cancel your workshop a minimum of 7 days in advance of your workshop, you will be issued a refund, or you can be rescheduled to another available date(s).
- If you cancel your workshop a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund will be issued, but you may request to be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If you cancel your workshop less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.