Nāranga explores the collective memory of the Yaffa orange through the Palestinian narrative, questioning the fruits legality. With the intention of defamiliarising the fruit, Nāranga recontextualises the narrative of the Yaffa orange through the lens of memory and nostalgia.
Nāranga originally took form as a multi sensory dining experience, using the senses to introduce the audience to the different layers of the orange, starting with an orange wrapped in excerpts of The Land of Sad Oranges by Ghassan Kanafani.
Its purpose is to understand the role of the orange within the Palestinian narrative while allowing its scent to linger on your fingers.
- A3 fine art print on Hahnemühle Photo Matt Fibre (200gsm)
- Uncropped — check the image preview carefully to see a preview of the presentation
- Packaged on foam-board, covered by a plastic sheet
- Worldwide shipping
Sondos Azzam is a London and Dubai based artist working on archiving communions and assembling their remnants. Her practice predominantly focuses on the consumption of food and what binds the various elements of a meal to us.
The profits (AED438 / $119.25) of each print sold will be given to artists currently in Gaza and the West Bank.
Prints are available for AED495.00 ($134.77). Here are the costs:
- Printing and packaging: AED32.00 ($8.71)
- 5% VAT: AED25.00 ($6.81)
- Shipping: paid additionally by you, the buyer, and goes directly to the shipping company — no profits are generated from this.
- Transfer fees: this cost depends on the recipients choice of transfer method, but this will be covered by the facilitating parties, and will not impact the final profit value
Gulf Photo Plus has been selling artwork by regional photographers since 2013, sharing profits equally. For this sale, all profits will be transferred to the Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC), which will then be distributed by AFAC to a group of Palestinian image-makers — how they use these funds is then wholly at their discretion. We will publicly provide proof of transfer at the conclusion of the sale.