WHAT TO SHOOT:
WHERE TO STAY:
GETTING TO THE HOTEL FROM THE AIRPORT
DO'S AND DONT'S IN THE UAE
If you've never been to the UAE and don't know what and where to shoot, here's a handy guide to the Top 10 places to shoot in Dubai and beyond. You have a lot to look forward to!
GPP2015 attendees can avail of the following special rate at the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City: AED 420 (USD 115) + AED 10 tourism fee for single occupancy; AED 450 (USD 125) + AED 10 tourism fee for double occupancy.
The hotel is located 5 minutes walking distance from the Knowledge Village where the workshops and main events of GPP 2015 take place. All you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them you are planning to attend GPP2015.
Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City.
You have several options for ground transport when you arrive at the Dubai Airport:
1) Arrange for the Holiday Inn Express to send a car - the cost is Dhs 120/- or roughly US$ 30/-). You will need to let them know 48 hours in advance at least and refer to your reservation number.
2) Take a taxi to the hotel from the airport - very efficient, safe and you should get one with ease at the airport, just follow the signs when you exit the airport arrival area. The fare will be around Dhs 80-100/- (US $20-$25) or so depending on time of day, traffic, etc.
3) Depending on your arrival time, you could as well take the Dubai Metro as far as the Dubai Internet City Metro Station and you'll need to take a short cab ride from the station to your hotel. It will take you 50mins from the airport and a standard metro fare will be around Dhs 7 (US $2 ) per person. More info here.
At the date of writing this paragraph, if you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you can get the visa at the airport on arrival:
* Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Brunei, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Paraguay, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
* GCC nations (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman)
Your passport must be valid for a minimum of three months from date of arrival for tourism and six months for business travel.
You will be issued a Tourist Visa which entitles its holder to a 30 day stay and can be extended for another 30 days.
If you're not from one of the countries listed above, then you can get your visa from one of the following:
- The hotel that you will be staying at - once you make a booking, you can contact them and send them your passport copies and they can arrange your visa for a fee.
- If you are flying on Emirates or Etihad, they can organise the visa for you. Please check on their websites for more info.
- If you still need more help, email us and we can guide you.
First time in the UAE? Then you may have some questions on the do's and dont's of this country. Here's a good resource to learn about etiquette in this country.