Seeing Beyond the Grey
Hussain AlMoosawi, Abbi Kemp
It takes approximately two minutes to drive through the heart of Al Quoz - two minutes in which the whole of the visually rich, chai-laden neighborhood can pass by in a grey blur. During this photo walk, learn to see beyond the grey and discover a vibrant industrial zone filled with beautiful, easily overlooked tableaus - from humorous signs to fading warehouses and stubbornly defiant trees. Our walk will focus on color and branding with a peek into the many elements of design, industry and nature that make Al Quoz the visual wonderland it is.
A fully charged smartphone or camera, comfy walking shoes, a passion for photography, and an interest in design.
By confirming your registration for this photo walk(s), you have agreed to the following terms & conditions:
- Images: As a participant of GPP Photo Week 2017 Photo Walks, I accept that my likeness may be used by GPP to promote its services.
General GPP Photo Week 2017 Terms and Conditions
- Participants will be advised of any unusual health and safety requirements at the commencement of workshops and are expected to adhere to these rules.
- Participation in GPP Photo Week programming is entirely at the participant’s own risk, and any right to claim compensation for any accident, injury, loss or damage to self or equipment is waived.
- Participants accept full responsibility for their equipment against loss or theft, and acknowledge that they use the lighting equipment and travel provided by private buses to location shoots at their own risk.
- In the occurrence of unforeseeable circumstances leading to the cancellation of one or more free photo walks or events at GPP PHOTO WEEK 2017, the organizer will not be held responsible for any financial or personal loss incurred by the attendees. The organizer will not be responsible to reschedule the event, transfer the participant, or offer compensation in any form.
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to bring a letter of consent from their parent/guardian to be presented at time of registration.
GPP Photo Week 2017 Photo Walk Waiver of Liability
- Gulf Photo Plus L.L.C. its shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, officers, volunteers, successors and assigns (hereafter collectively, GPP), which acts only as an the organiser of the GPP Photo Week 2017 Photo Walks, assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any negligent or wilful act or omission of any supplier, or of any other person or entity. A supplier’s services are subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions, as well as the local laws and regulations of the relevant country.
- I have voluntarily applied to participate in this programming, which will involve walking, trekking and/or other outdoor activities in relation to photography (the Outdoor Activities), with the knowledge of the numerous risks and dangers involved, which include but are not limited to: dangers and risks inherent to the Outdoor Activities; negligence in any manner on the part of GPP; personal injury; illness; death; loss; damage; expense; acts of God; the hazards of traveling in remote, [unsafe or politically unstable areas or under unsafe conditions]; the dangers of civil disturbances and war; forces of nature; transportation failures; equipment failures or loss; accident without access to medical facilities, transportation, or means of evacuation and assistance; unexpected events; terrorist activities, social or labour unrest; mechanical or construction failures or difficulties; diseases; local laws; climactic conditions; abnormal conditions or developments; or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside of GPP’s control.
- As lawful consideration of the right to participate in this programming arranged for me by GPP, I hereby expressly agree to be responsible for my own welfare and assume all of the above risks mentioned in Clause 2, including both those known and unknown to me.
- As lawful consideration of the right to participate in this programming, and as part of the services arranged for me by GPP, I hereby expressly agree to release, discharge and hold harmless GPP from and against any liability, actions, causes of actions, debts, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature whatsoever which I now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with this programming or participation in the activities arranged for me by GPP.
- I agree that the terms of this letter shall serve as a complete release and express assumption of risk for myself, all members of my family and minors. It is my intention to fully assume all risks associated with the Programming and to release GPP from any and all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- I agree that the law of the United Arab Emirates governs the terms of this letter and any or all disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). I agree that the courts of the Emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such disputes or claims.
- I have carefully read and understand the provisions and legal consequences of this letter, and I hereby agree to all of its conditions. I agree that if any portion of this letter is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- I agree that execution of a facsimile counterpart or electronic transmission of this letter shall be deemed execution of the original letter and facsimile or electronic transmission of an executed copy of this letter shall constitute acceptance of this letter.
In collaboration with
Date Thursday | February 9 | 2017
Time 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Venue Alserkal Avenue, Warehouse 83