What is GPP Photo Week 2017?
GPP Photo Week 2017 is the longest-running international photography festival in the region. Packed with exhibitions, photo walks, special events, product launches, and workshops led by the world’s leading photographers, it is a week uniquely designed to inspire, challenge, and connect photographers and enthusiasts from around the globe.
The week kicks off on February 10th with our renowned opening event, PhotoFriday, and it will continue to build until the ShootOut on February 17th, GPP Photo Week 2017’s legendary finale.
To find out what is happening when and where, check out our schedule on the event website.
How do I book a workshop?
To book online, simply register as a user on our website, linked here, place your desired events in your cart, enter your card details to complete payment via our secure online payment partner, and wait to receive your confirmation email.
What is PhotoFriday?
PhotoFriday is the action-packed start to GPP Photo Week 2017. This all-day event features creative seminars, informative talks, live demonstrations, and panel discussions led by some of the world’s leading photographers.
PhotoFriday will take place on February 10th, 2017 and is open to all, regardless of skill level.
There will be a total of 16 different 90-minute sessions spread out over four time slots throughout the day.
Check out the schedule here, and book while there are still seats remaining.
What are Sony Snap Sessions?
Sony Snap Sessions are 90-minute, hands-on introductions to different photography genres. They take place all over Alserkal Avenue and include a time of tips, demo shooting, practice, and Q&A. They are free-to-attend but require pre-registration.
Can I buy a week pass for the event?
There are no week passes available for GPP Photo Week 2017.
GPP Photo Week 2017 allows you to tailor your week of photography learning to your interests and skill level. Take a look at the workshops and seminars schedule here to sign up to your chosen events.
Don’t forget to register for the Special Events happening throughout the week as well.
How can I pay for a workshop?
In order to book a workshop, you must first register as a user on the GPP website. Please note that this is required regardless of how you choose to complete payment.
Ways to Complete Payment:
- On the Website: To book online, simply add your workshop(s) to your cart, proceed to checkout, enter your card details as requested, and you’re done! Once your seat is successfully secured, you will receive an immediate confirmation email from us.
- In Person: If you don’t have a credit card or don’t want to book online, you can drop by to our space during working hours and pay by cash, cheque, or credit card. We will then book you for your workshops on the spot.
- PayPal: Email us what workshops you are interested in, and we will send you a secure PayPal payment request in USD for the total cost of your requested workshops. Once funds have been received, we will book you in for your workshop from our end.
- Wire Transfer: Email us what workshops you are interested in, and we will send you our bank details so you can make a wire transfer payment. Once funds have been received, we will book you in for your workshop from our end.
*Please note that in order to book a workshop, you must first register as a user on the GPP website here. Please note that this is required regardless of how you choose to complete payment.
How do I know if a workshop matches my skill level?
Every workshop at GPP Photo Week 2017 has its own detailed listing page where we have specified the recommended skill and experience level for that particular workshop.
If you are still unsure whether a workshop is an appropriate fit for you after reading the description, please get in touch. We are happy to help advise you!
What is the difference between a workshop and a seminar?
A workshop is an intensive, hands-on session where you will benefit from a small group setting designed to allow for carefully crafted, personalized time with your instructor.
A seminar is a condensed theoretical session where the instructor covers one of any number of topics including composition, post-production, business management and more. Some seminars may involve live shoots, but attendees won’t use their cameras during a seminar. They are a time-efficient way to delve into the theory of a particular subject.
Do you offer any discounts for groups?
If you are a group, photo club or university students association, email us and we will do our best to see if there is any way to assist you with a discount for the workshop(s) you are looking to attend.
I bought my tickets and received my order confirmation. What's next?
Sit tight! Closer to the workshop date, we will send you a reminder email along with any notes from your instructor(s) and a list of instructions regarding what gear to bring.
I'd like to get a certificate of completion for my workshop. Is that possible?
Every workshop student will be handed a certificate of completion personally signed by their workshop instructor at the conclusion of his/her workshop. If you booked a workshop for a friend, please email us as soon as possible with your friend’s name so we may make a note to issue the certificate under your friend’s name and not your own.
Can I gift someone a workshop?
You can go to the GIFT CARDS page on our website and select a monetary amount for your gift voucher, or you can get in contact with us for advice on which workshop will make the perfect gift for someone special and book the workshop directly.
If you do gift a workshop to someone, please be sure to email us as soon as possible with your friend’s name so we may make a note to issue the certificate under your friend’s name and not your own.
Something’s come up - is it possible to cancel my workshop(s) and get a refund?
Absolutely! We understand that life is busy and always unexpected.
However, please be aware that cancellations and refunds are firmly subject to these conditions:
- Up to January 9, 2017:
- Exchange: You can exchange your workshop with another GPP Photo Week 2017 workshop subject to availability, and it must be of the same or a higher value. If the new workshop is more expensive, you may pay the difference in-person, online, or via bank transfer. If the workshop you choose is of a lower value, then you will only be entitled to a cash refund of 70% of the difference.
- Refund: You can get a cash refund of 70% of the workshop value.
- After January 9, 2017:
- Sorry, folks ; no refund or exchange after this point.
- PhotoFriday tickets are non-refundable.
- They do make a great gift, however. If you find out you can’t attend a session last minute, give your seat to a friend and make their day!
I am traveling from abroad to attend GPP Photo Week 2017, and I have a few questions. Who can I ask?
We are glad you could make it, and we are here to help.
To get the inside scoop on travel, visas, and hotels, check out our website here. Still feeling lost? Give us a call or shoot us an email.
What should I do if I’ve lost something at GPP Photo Week 2017?
If you think you may have lost an item during GPP Photo Week 2017, please visit the Lost and Found at the Registration Desk in Warehouse 83.
Kindly note that Gulf Photo Plus is not responsible for any lost or damaged goods.