* Each student will get a kit needed to use his/her speedlite off-camera worth AED 800 (USD 218). Details below.
Thinking about the one-day flash boot camp but want a richer, more personalized experience? Then this is your class. It's an expanded, smaller class environment. Think "special forces" as opposed to regular army.
This class size is limited to 12 students and is completed over two days. So we'll have the chance to not only work indoors but head outdoors so you can learn how to use your flashes in a variety of ambient light environments.
What? You don't have any brand new off-camera lighting gear? Oh, yes you do. Because we'll be providing your own, personal location lighting kit as part of the deal. All you need to do is to bring your DSLR*, a lens and your under-appreciated hot shoe flash. We'll provide the rest.
With this small-class, two-day environment you'll get more instruction and much more individualized practice time. You'll leave the class with more confidence in your brand new gear and skills and be ready for anything.
What you get:
1. A gear set that is usually worth $218 (AED 800) that includes*:
- White Shoot-through Umbrella 84cm (33")
- Umbrella Adapter
- 200cm Light Stand
- Wireless Trigger Set (Transmitter and Receiver)
- Light Kit Carrying case
2. And, most importantly, a professional photographer to show you the ropes and get you off and running. But not just any professional photographer. Class instructor David Hobby was a 20-year newspaper photojournalist veteran before founding Strobist.com—where he has taught literally millions (no, seriously!) of photographers how to use off-camera lighting to take their photography to the next exciting level.
You get everything in the Introduction to the Off-Camera Flash Workshop and a longer, more personalized experience in learning how to use it. Either class makes a great gift to your special photographer someone. Even if that someone is yourself.
If you are a mammal who's a confident user of priority shooting and full manual modes for exposure control, you are flash-curious, you are ready for this course. No experience is necessary — we'll provide that! You bring the enthusiasm.
*Please note: This kit is compatible with all universal flash hot shoe mounts commonly found in most cameras out there. If you own a vintage, older or uncommon brand of camera with a proprietary hot shoe mount, your camera might not be compatible with this lighting kit. Check in with us at the GPP store beforehand and we’ll confirm its compatibility.
Two-day intensive class
- Your DSLR
- Normal (or normal zoom) lens (i.e. 50-105mm)
- Any hot shoe flash which can be adjusted manually (1/1 power, ½, ¼, etc.). If you are not sure about your flash, please ask a GPP staffer for help.
Hobby's informal teaching style draws upon his experience of photographing over 10,000 assignments over 20 years to make learning how to master your small flashes not only easy, but also fun.
Thursday, February, 11 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, February, 12 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
You are a very confident camera user. You may be a passionate amateur photographer, aspiring professional, photographer's assistant or professional aiming to sharpen your skills.
You want to be introduced to new techniques that challenge you both technically and creatively and have an opportunity to work with professional grade equipment. You are also interested in being introduced to the process of professional photography from planning to finished image.
This session is limited to 15 students only
Workshop added to cart successfully!View Cart