Ten minutes at a store is a paltry amount of time to attempt to absorb the full experience of a camera. We've teamed up with Sony MEA, a manufacturer that's been making waves in the digital imaging world, to offer you a camera testing experience like no other. This unique loan program allows you to take a Sony Alpha Kit, Camera or Lens on an extended test drive.
Get a real feel for what Sony is all about! Pick one camera body and a lens from the list below for a trial period of three days. If you already own a Sony camera our loan program offers you the ability to cherry pick a lens to try out. Check out what's available from the loan program below. You can also click on each item to be directed to the Sony website for more information and specifications:
Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera - specification details here.
A good all-rounder for those who shoot stills and video. If you’re looking to leave the DSLR gear at home and travel light... this compact camera may be for you.
Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera - specification details here.
Top level stills and videos, in the palm of your hand. The A6500 is the worthy successor to the A6300, and one of the leading 4K video choices out there.
Sony Alpha a7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera - specification details here.
Full frame sensor in a compact, mirrorless body. The Sony a7S II is a versatile camera that can shoot stills and video anywhere, with superb ISO and AF capabilities, even in the lowest of light!
Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera - specification details here.
Full frame sensor in a compact, mirrorless body. The Sony a7R II is an extremely high resolution camera that delivers uncompromising imaging performance to even the most demanding of shooters.
One of the best choices for ultra-compact, pocket friendly cameras. Great image quality from it's 1” sensor, a fast zoom with great range - all in a svelte package about the size of a deck of cards.
The Sony RX100IV - Specification details here.
Last year’s model of the compact camera form-factor, it lacks some AF speed compared to the RX100V, but the image quality, ergonomics and zoom lens are functionally identical.
The RX10MIII - Specification details here.
A wide-aperture, ultra-zoom camera with a 1” inch sensor, in a larger form-factor than the RX100 series. The RX10III is a great all-purpose camera.
If you're not sure what to try, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to recommend a camera or lens, based on your requirements and needs.
Got your eye on something else from the Sony Alpha range? Don't see it listed above? We will add more cameras and lenses in the future. Let us know what you'd like to try via email to email@example.com and we'll put you on our waiting list.
- A copy of your valid Emirates ID, Passport, and UAE Visa copy (In passport)
- A refundable cash deposit of AED 1,000
- A fee of AED 150 per loan
- Let us know which kit, camera or lens you'd like to try and when you want it via this form.
- We will check the form, confirm the availability of your gear, contact you, and reserve it for you.
- Bring your cash deposit and loan fee when you collect your kit from Gulf Photo Plus. Directions here.
*The Small Print
- 1 kit (one body and UP TO 2 lenses) per person will be provided at any given time.
- Kits are offered for a checkout period of a maximum of 3 days.
- A fine of AED 50* per day will be chargeable for every day past the due date of return.
- When on loan, the cameras and lenses are the responsibility of the customer.
- This Loan program is only valid for residents of the UAE.
- You will receive the AED 150 fee back (and more) at the end of your loan period, in the form of a voucher to use against the purchase of qualifying Sony imaging equipment, from participating retailers.
- We reserve the right to modify the terms & conditions, process and requirements of The Sony Alpha Loan Program as necessary. We also reserve the right to disapprove any loan request.