An Introduction to Family Photography
This one-day intensive workshop offers an introduction to family photography with a focus on photographing infants, toddlers, and children. Designed with parents in mind, this workshop will teach attendees the essentials behind propping, posing, and lighting for family photos.
who should attend
Suitable for those who have completed our Photography Level 1 workshop. If you have completed our Photography Level 2 and An Introduction to Natural Light Portraiture workshops, you will be equipped to benefit most fully from this workshop.
- 5-hour workshop, a mix of theory and practical
This workshop covers essential health and safety guidelines and techniques for working with young children as well as the essential theory behind family photography, with a focus on photographing young children.
We will practice working with natural lighting indoors and outdoors, learning to use both situations to our subject’s advantage during multiple shooting sessions where we will photograph children in three different age brackets (babies, infants, and toddlers) before stopping for a critique session.
We will also critique our photographs in-class and introduce concepts of propping and themes before moving into a shooting session where we will photograph a small family.
Note: Shooting time may be limited to ensure the comfort and safety of our models. All images taken during the workshop must not be shared online without the express, written permission of the model’s parents.
What to bring
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery (not suitable for point-and-shoot cameras or smartphones)
- Camera manual (optional)
- Empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of your workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date(s).
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed needful in accordance with management discretion.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.