Beginner's Food Photography
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of food photography. You will learn how to shoot, style and edit mouthwatering images of food.
Venue support by Miele Gallery.
who should attend
Designed for beginners to the food genre, this workshop is suitable for those who have completed our Photography Level 1 workshop. If you have completed our Photography Level 2 and An Introduction to Studio Lighting workshops, you will be equipped to benefit most fully from this workshop.
- 6-hour workshop, a mix of theory and practical
This part-theory, part-practical introduction to food photography will give attendees a broad insight into the genre. Through live demonstrations and hands-on experimentation, you will learn how to take advantage of natural and artificial lighting, how to style and prop food items and how to best control your camera’s settings to ensure you get mouthwatering results. The latter part of the workshop is devoted to post-processing; the instructor will show you how to skillfully edit your photographs.
What to bring
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery
- Lenses (in the 50mm-150mm range)
- A macro lens (if you have one)
- Tripod (if you have one)
- Empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of your workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date(s).
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed needful in accordance with management discretion.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.