An Introduction to Motorsports Photography
This workshop is the first of its kind in the region. Introducing you to the basics of motorsports photography, you'll experience race day from the photographer's perspective by shooting trackside and in the pits. Hone skills such as composition and panning and learn how to process motorsports images in response to the client's brief.
Venue support by Dubai Autodrome.
Gear support by Nikon MEA.
who should attend
You should be completely comfortable shooting in aperture and shutter priority on your DSLR or Mirrorless camera, and you should be confident adjusting your camera's settings to create correct exposure. We strongly recommend taking Photography Level 1 beforehand to ensure you are at the correct skill level for this course.
No prior motorsport experience is necessary.
8-hour workshop, heavy emphasis on practical learning with a classroom based theory component.
This workshop will give participants an insight in to the typical day of a motorsport photographer. You will be a signed-on member of the media, working in active pits, and shooting on a race day at Dubai Autodrome. As such, a heavy emphasis is put on the safety of working on a live track.
You will be provided with a brief to supply race teams with a set number of images from the race weekend, suitable for social media and press. You will be instructed how to manage your day, be provided with theory on shooting with race teams in the pits, and on track, as well as have time to process images ready for the clients deadline.
This is a fast-paced workshop, with lots of time spent walking around the track, understanding composition, use of leading lines, working with challenging lighting conditions. As such, you should be relatively fit and active and able to carry the gear you need with you for extended periods.
What to bring
Please download and read the following two documents, you cannot attend your workshop without having read the briefing and completed the disclaimer!
2. Dubai Autodrome Disclaimer (this needs to be completed, signed and brought with you to the workshop).
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery
- Lenses (from 24mm to 300mm or longer)
- Empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark
- Laptop with Adobe Lightroom or similar photo editing software
- Monopod (not necessary but nice to have)
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of your workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date(s).
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed needful in accordance with management discretion.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.