The Art of Food Photography
Food photography is not simply documenting mouthwatering images of food. It is a way to tell a story about seasons, tastes and aesthetics. This workshop teaches you how to artfully capture that story in-camera.
who should attend
Suitable for those who have completed our Photography Level 2 workshop. Students who have also taken An Introduction to Studio Lighting and An Introduction to Food Styling for Photographers will be equipped to benefit most fully from this workshop.
- 6 hours of instruction (a mix of theory and practical)
This workshop provides a mix of theory and hands-on experience in creating mouthwatering food images. You will have access to multiple sets and will work with natural light, artificial light and studio lights. You will also learn how to how to style your images, bringing together fabulous food with props that will elevate your food photography.
Building off of the skills learned in our introductory food photography workshops, The Art of Food Photography will equip you to control lighting with increasing finesse while improving your styling and composition techniques to create a more polished and professional final product. During this workshops you will conceptualise and shoot your own food photography project under the guidance of your instructors.
What to bring
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery
- Lenses (in the 50mm-150mm range)
- A macro lens or extension tubes (if you have one)
- Empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark
- Any props you wish to use
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of your workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date(s).
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed needful in accordance with management discretion.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.