Spark Session: Storytelling in Wedding and Destination Photography
Tasneem Alsultan gives insights into how she arrived at the unique intersection of storytelling, wedding photography and sociocultural commentary that defines her work, and has led to being published in National Geographic, British Journal of Photography, Time "Lightbox" and the New York Times "Lens Blog”.
During the seminar, Tasneem will touch on the emotive and artistic foundation of her creative process, as well as the more technical aspects of her workflow, show us how to make the most out of every opportunity while travelling to ‘shoot a wedding’ and discuss some of the key things she’s learnt building a photography brand in the region.
who should attend
Suitable for those who have completed our Photography Level 1 workshop.
You should have a thorough understanding of ISO, aperture and shutter speed and how all of these relate to each other to achieve a creatively correct exposure. If you are not familiar with these terms or currently shoot in auto or P mode, enroll for our Photography Level 1 workshop.
- 2-hour Seminar
- Essential techniques on how to work with travel, branding, bridal portraits, and storytelling; including key information on posing.
- Photography gear: camera, lens, flash, video lights. When to use each.
- Post-production: file management, Lightroom RAW file pre-processing, file exporting, editing.
- This class is aimed at confident beginner photographers, with at least a basic understanding of DSLRs. Consider taking one of our Photography - Level 1 workshops prior to attending.
What to bring
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of your workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date(s).
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another workshop date(s).
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
GPP reserves the right to change the location of any workshop to another location within the same city and/or emirate as deemed needful in accordance with management discretion.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the originally booked workshop date(s).
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE, including in the event of a workshop relocation. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.