Digital Photography - Level 1
Instructor: Laura Huntley
Have you just bought a DSLR or mirrorless camera and are feeling overwhelmed? Have you been stuck in Auto mode for years and can't wait to break free? Then make the decision today to take control of your camera with this hands-on workshop at GPP!
who should attend
This 8-hour course is an introductory level workshop that assumes little to no prior knowledge of your camera or photographic composition. The goal of the course is to get beginner photographers comfortable with the camera and its most useful functions, arming them with essential photographic terminology and equipping them with basic tips and tricks for creating more compelling photographs.
The content of the course is designed for Digital SLR (DSLR) and mirrorless cameras. It is NOT suitable for digital "point & shoot" cameras.
- 8 hours of classroom instruction
- Class notes (Printed Field Guide)
You will learn all about pixels, resolution, ISO, white balance, focus lock, and exposure compensation. You will also be introduced to the uses of different lenses.
A significant amount of time will be spent ensuring that you understand the foundations of photography, creative exposure, depth of field, shutter speed, and how to control these using the semi-manual modes on your camera.
We will also explore the essentials of better composition, and you will learn how to review your work with a critical eye and improve your shots through applying simple compositional rules and learning to utilise natural light effectively.
At the end of this course, we aim to have you taking photos in semi-manual modes while confidently controlling your depth of field and shutter speed.
What to bring
- Your DSLR or mirrorless camera with a fully charged battery
- Your camera manual (if you have it)
- An empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark.
- If you are loaning a camera from us, you must either bring an SD card with you or purchase one from GPP at the start of your workshop.
- A notebook and pen
Don't have a DSLR or mirrorless camera yet? No problem!
We have a limited number of Nikon D5500 DSLRs available to loan free of charge during your workshop - just ask us! (Loan cameras must be arranged before your workshop. Call us on 04-380-8545 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org). More info here.
About the Instructor
Laura leapt into photography in 2009, diving into books and research that propelled her self-taught skills with the camera.
- If cancelled 7 days prior to the start of workshop, you will be issued a 90% refund or may be rescheduled to another date.
- If cancelled a minimum of 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of your workshop, no refund is possible, but you may be rescheduled to another date.
- If cancelled less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance of your workshop, no refund and no reschedule is possible.
Workshops can be rescheduled within 3 months of the original booking.
Bookings can only be transferred ONCE. If you transfer your workshop booking and later wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately not be able to refund or reschedule you under any circumstances.
two Day Workshop
Abu Dhabi Golf Club
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Gift A Workshop
Digital Photography Level 1,2, or Intro to Photoshop
Need a Camera?
Just let us know if you need a camera and we'll loan you one to learn with for free!