The Sony Alpha Loan Programme
Updated on Thursday, December 8 2016
Ten minutes at a store is a paltry attempt to absorb the full experience of a camera. We've teamed up with Sony MEA, a manufacturer that's been making waves in the digital imaging world, to offer you a camera testing experience like no other. This unique loan programme allows you to take a Sony Alpha Kit, Camera or Lens on an extended test drive.
Get a real feel for what Sony is all about! Pick one camera body and a lens from the list below for a trial period of three days. If you already own a Sony camera our loan programme offers you the ability to cherry pick a lens to try out. Check out what's available from the loan programme below. You can also click on each item to be directed to the Sony website for more information and specifications:
A good all-rounder for those who shoot stills and video. If you’re looking to leave the DSLR gear at home and travel light... this compact camera may be for you.
Full frame sensor in a compact, mirrorless body. The Sony a7S II is a versatile camera that can shoot stills and video anywhere, with superb ISO and AF capabilities, even in the lowest of light!
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens - specification details here.
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens - specification details here.
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens - specification details here.
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens - specification details here.
- Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens - specification details here.
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens - specification details here.
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens - specification details here.
If you're not sure what to try, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to recommend a camera or lens, based on your requirements and needs.
Got your eye on something else from the Sony Alpha range? Don't see it listed above? We're currently rolling out the first phase of the Sony Alpha loan programme and hope to add more cameras and lenses in the future. Let us know what you'd like to try via email to email@example.com and we'll put you on our waiting list.
- Your passport and UAE Driver's Licence or Emirates ID
- A refundable cash deposit of AED 1,000
- A fee of AED 150 per loan
- Let us know which kit, camera or lens you'd like to try and when you want it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll confirm the availability of your gear and reserve it for you.
- Bring your documents, cash deposit and loan fee and collect your kit from Gulf Photo Plus. Directions here.
- 1 kit per person will be provided at any given time.
- Kits are offered for a checkout period of a maximum of 3 days.
- A fee of AED 50* per day will be chargeable for every day past the due date of return.
- When on loan, the cameras and lenses are the responsibility of the customer.
- This Loan programme is only valid for people living in the UAE. If you do not live in the UAE, but would still like to take the camera on an extended test drive, send us an email and we'll try to sort something out for you.
- Our intention behind charging a fee isn’t to generate income from this program, but to ensure that everyone is committed to the return dates of the cameras kits.
- You will recieve the AED 150 fee back at the end of your loan period, in the form of a voucher to use against the purchase of qualifying Sony imaging equipment, from participating retailers.
- We reserve the right to modify the terms & conditions, process and requirements of The Sony Alpha Loan Programme as necessary. We also reserve the right to disapprove any loan request.