Behind the lens of a camera, award winning South African photographer, Neil Corder, is an expert at work. After years of studying, apprenticeship with experts in the field and more than 15 years' experience, Neil has developed a talent for diversity. From photographing food to interiors, construction to nature, travel to people, Neil’s formidable ability as a photographer is evident.
His extensive travel to many exotic locations such as French Polynesia, Antigua, and marquises, to mention a few, has enabled Neil to build an unrivalled library of stock images, now commonplace in numerous magazines, coffee table books and stock libraries worldwide.
Neil’s pursuit for quality has awarded him the opportunity of working with internationally renowned hotel groups, chefs and food gurus, resulting in the production of award winning literature. While Neil’s portfolio of clients is expansive, including The Atlantis The Palm, Dubai Holding, Alec Construction, Zaya LLC, Costa Mena, Al Barari, OgilvyOne, Landor, Spinneys, Gulf News and Tecom, his enthusiasm for self-expression is important and thus we see him expanding into the world of art.
Neil has received a number of awards over the years.
- In 2000, a finalist for a Mondi Paper Magazine Award.
- A book he photographed called South African Cuisine – with the Chef Garth Strubel – won “Gourmand Best Entertaining Cookbook In The Rest Of The World” category in 2003.
- Also 2003 won “Best local cookery book International” at Gourmand for West Coast Cook Book
- In 2007, Best Photographer for the Media 24 Excellence Awards.
- Gourmand Awards 2007, included a special mention for another book he photographed, called Posh Nosh, which was written, produced and published by Lannice Snymann.
- “From my Oven” written by Fay Lewis, won 3rd place at the Gourmand Awards held in London in 2008.
- “Be My Guest” Written by Fay Lewis, published by Random Struik Cape Town. South Africa 2009.
- Featured in the Archive 200 Best Advertising Photographers 2010/11