GETTING A VISA
While the visa application process for the UAE is fairly straightforward, always be sure to check the latest visa requirements for your country as laws can change without prior notice. Remember to make sure your passport has at least six months validity and one free page remaining for your visa issuance and entry stamp.
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you can get a tourist visa on arrival:
* Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America, Hong Kong , Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Vatican City.
* GCC nationals (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman) - you will be issued a Tourist Visa which entitles its holder to a 30-day stay.
If you are not from one of the countries listed above, then you can obtain your visa using one of the following methods:
* Through the hotel you stay with in Dubai - once you make a booking, you can contact your hotel, and they can arrange your visa for a fee.
* If you are flying on Emirates or Etihad, they can organise a visa on your behalf. Please check on their respective websites for more information.
If you have more questions, please contact us to request help.
GPP Photo Week 2017 attendees can avail of the following special rates at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha:
AED 500 (USD 137) + AED 15 (USD 4) tourism fee for single occupancy / AED 550 (USD 150) + AED 15 (USD 4) tourism fee for double occupancy. These rates include breakfast and WiFi access.
The hotel is located approximately 2 minutes walking distance from the Sharaf DG Metro Station, which is a stop on the Dubai Metro Red Line.
To book a room at the Novotel for GPP Photo Week 2017, please contact:
Landline Direct: +971 43812228
Tel : +971 4 304 9000
Fax : +971 4 304 9902
Please note that the hotel can provide visa assistance and airport transfers upon request.
There are several options for ground transport upon arrival at Dubai International Airport (DXB):
1) Hotel Arranged Car. Please see the Hotel section for more information on how to arrange this service.
2) Taxi. Take a taxi to the Novotel Hotel from the airport. This is an efficient and safe means of transport, and you should be able to get a taxi with ease at the airport. Simply follow the signs for taxis once you exit the airport arrivals area. The taxi fare will range from about AED 80 - 100 (~US $20-$25) depending on time of day, traffic, etc.
3)Dubai Metro. Depending on your arrival time, you may be able to take the Dubai Metro as far as the Sharaf DG Metro Station, which is a mere 2-minute walk from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha. It will take you approximately 50 minutes on the metro to get to the Sharaf DG Metro Station from DXB, and a standard metro fare will be approximately AED 7 (~US $2 ) per person. You can find out more about planning your trip here.
New to the UAE?
Do's & don'ts
If this is your first time in the UAE, you may have some questions on the do's and don’ts of this country. Here's a good resource to learn about local etiquette.
Places to shoot
If you have never been to the UAE and don't know where and what to shoot, here's a handy guide to the Top 10 places to shoot in Dubai and beyond.