Khaled Bakkora was born in Syria in 1988. He has a Diploma in computer science, but his interest in photography started 4 years ago with a small project on the impact of shadows. Moving to Dubai helped take his photography further, he started participating in workshops, competitions and projects, taking advantage of being in an international city which has a lot of experience in this field. He has since been chosen by National Geographic Abu Dhabi to participate in a competition and his work has been published in the number one newspaper in the UAE and on various well known websites.
1. What sparked your interest in photography?
The shadows we see everyday in our daily life.
2. When did you start shooting?
4 years ago
3. How often do you shoot?
4. Why do you love photography?
It can make the normal things interesting, with different perspectives. I believe that photography is a double-sided beauty where both the observer and the photographer do not feel the urge of using vocabulary. It’s the art of nonverbal story telling.
5. What gear do you own?
Nikon D7100, and sometimes I use a Canon 5D mark III.
6. Other than your camera, what piece of equipment couldn’t you live without?
7. Who is your biggest inﬂuences as a photographer?
8. What’s your best advice for someone starting out?
Fight for your own perspective
9. Where can we see your work?
Website : www.khaled-bakkora.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Khaled.Bakkora.Photography
Instagram : http://instagram.com/khaled_bakkora_photography
500px : http://500px.com/khaledbakkoraphotography