What is Gulf Photo Plus?
If you LOVE photography, you’re gonna really love GPP!
Want to develop your photography skills, be inspired, keep up to date with the latest news from the photography world, network and connect with fellow photographers? You’ve come to the right place!
Gulf Photo Plus (GPP) is the heart of the Middle East’s photography community. We believe in the art and science of photography as a medium of creative expression, and exist to inform, educate and inspire people across the region.
Whether you’re a photo newbie, advanced amateur or pro photographer, you’ll find plenty to stimulate your interest at GPP. It’s completely FREE to become a GPP member, and there are lots of benefits. It just takes a moment to register.
Let us show you around
Basically, we do everything photography – to save you some surfing time, here’s a quick overview so you can jump straight to what’s most important to you…
As a GPP member you can:
- Take a Photography Workshop: From translating the camera manual to plain English and developing a personal creative style, to learning studio lighting and mastering Photoshop, we have year-round workshops for photographers of all levels.
- Share your photos and connect with fellow photogs in the Member’s Gallery; it’s the best way to grow as a photographer. Showcase your photos, see what others are shooting, get inspired, and give and get advice.
- Buy awesome stuff in the GPP Store: We work hard to source the must-have photography accessories, that are otherwise difficult to find in the region, and expensive to import. Shop online (we ship internationally), or come visit our store in person.
- Sell your previously loved camera gear and pick up a bargain at the MarketPlace: with no listing fees or commissions to pay – we call it a photography “free-bay” for our members.
- Invest in Photo Art: browse the GPP Limited collection, support photo artists and pick up some unique, limited edition photo art
- Attend our legendary, must-see photography events; GPP (every March) and FotoWeekend (every November). Every year we bring the world’s best photographers to Dubai to give unique workshops and seminars in all aspects of photography. Check out events pages on our site – and book your vacation now!
You can also take advantage of our photography services and support:
- Printing: Affordable, colour accurate, high quality printing on photo papers, fine art paper and ready-to-hang canvases.
- Studio Rental at unbeatable prices – unlike other studios, our rental include lighting equipment, and you can even add one-on-one tuition to make sure you get expert shots.
- Around Town: A one-stop listing of all of the photography related shows and events happening in your neighbourhood (at GPP and elsewhere).
- NewsBlog: Keep up to date with the latest photography news from the Region and around the world, to camera buying guides and essential information on shooting in the region.
- Resources – coming soon. From camera buying guides, to essential information on shooting in the region, to handy tips and tricks to help you make better photos, you’ll find a wealth of resources on our website
And, as a GPP member you’ll be the first to know about our free community events:
- GPP Talks: we don’t let amazing photographers pass through the UAE without stopping by to share their work or insights with the GPP community.
- GPP Movie Nights: we screen photography-related films, and sometimes we even throw in some free popcorn.
- Gallery Exhibitions: we curate exhibitions, with a sole focus on inspiring photography work by local and international artists at our Alserkal Avenue Gallery space.
- SlideFest: locally based photographers share their personal projects in an evening of inspiring slide shows… and you might even pick up a tip or two.
- Market Day: these are held periodically and open to all – come along and sell your stuff, or pick up a bargain.
That’s a lot of stuff, but don’t panic! To keep you in the loop with the latest news from GPP and the photography world, we send our members a monthly newsletter.